Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

CHRISTMESS EVIL, 2008

"God-DAMN, Santa's raw flesh tasted great!!!"

Looks like it's that time of year again (as if the incessant Christmas music, commercials and out-to-guilt-you beggars weren't enough of a clue), and Yer Bunche is gearing up to survive the next few days. I'll be up about an hour north at my mom's house in Connecticut and I'm hashing out my game plan:

  • Leave work in time to make the train from Grand Central that'll put me off in my hometown of Westport, Ct. no later than 5PM.
  • Gather as many friends as possible from my growing-up years and spend Christmas Eve either at the movies seeing the reportedly ultra-violent and extra-stupid PUNISHER: WAR ZONE, or at home running a holiday-themed DVD mini-marathon featuring a lineup pulled together from such Yuletide heart-warmers as BLACKADDER'S CHRISTMAS CAROL, SANTA'S SLAY, BAD SANTA, THE LONG KISS GOODNIGHT, CHRISTMAS EVIL and the timeless SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT, all while my mom is out at midnight mass.
  • Find ways to amuse myself for the remainder of my stay in Connecticut that will involve more than driving aimlessly around Fairfield County looking for something to do or sitting in front of the TV from the moment I rise until the moment my head hits the pillow.
  • See both THE WRESTLER and GRAN TORINO on the big screen.
  • Figure ot some New Year's resolutions that I will actually live by.
  • Finally get my mom to see CARRIE (it's already a done deal, provided we watch it during the daytime).
  • Drop by the Dairy King on Route 7 and chow down on their wondrous foot-long chili dogs, after which I'll trot across the street to Superior Oriental and see if they have a nice pair of octagonal Cocobolo-wood nunchaku. (I haven't bought a new pair of 'chuks in almost two decades and the ones I have are getting pretty worn out.)
That's what I've got going on so far, and it's by no means set in stone. Hope I get some good stuff this year...

1 comment:

eggs mayonnaise said...

Ah, the Dairy King. When the Powerses and I were growing up in that neighborhood, it was an actual Dairy Queen. I guess the sex change didn't affect the food adversely. I guess the only other step on its evolutionary chain hsa to be Dairy Tranny Empress. You should stop by and say hi to Mom Powers while you're there.

I'll be up in Shelton with the family; we've all moved away from Norwalk over the years. Have a great time whatever you end up doing, sir. And it's great to be back in touch again.