Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

Readers-

the mother of one of my dearest friends has passed on, so I will be offering him whatever comfort I can give during this time of mourning.

It almost seems surreal that my friends and I have reached the age when our parents will start to fall victim to the limited time human beings are allotted, some of my friends having already faced that tragedy at an early age, and I recall my friend's mother as a vivid part of my life by association with her son since the first day of junior high school some thirty-one years ago. She was a down to earth woman of a ready wit and a no-bullshit attitude, and I liked her quite a lot, so she will be missed.

I'll be back to posting my pointless drivel in a few days, but for now I'm going to concentrate on what's really important, namely being there for my brother in all but blood.

So stay out of trouble, and cherish your parents if you're lucky enough to have good ones.

No comments: