Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

COMIC BOOKS ARE FOR IDIOTS: WHEN CHRISTIANS MEET NAZIS

My collection of oddball shit just grew a little larger. I finally bit the bullet and found a copy of HANSI: THE GIRL WHO LOVED THE SWASTIKA on eBay for next to nothing.

It's perhaps the ultimate Christian comic book, telling the true story of a Hitler Youth chick who fervently supported Schicklegruber until the Germans lost the Big One and she had to suffer the horrors reserved for the defeated, including getting stuck in a labor camp and being spared the same fate as her fellow women detainees, namely getting raped nightly by their Russian captors, because she's too skinny to interest the guards. She eventually escapes, makes her way the good old US of A, and becomes a hardcore Christian.

It'll be in my hands soon enough and I will review it when I get it, but if you're curious to read it for yourself, it can be found at Scribd.com for free. Yeah, I know I didn't have to actually buy it, but it was cheap, and how could I not want to be able to display a Christian comic with a Heidi-looking fraulein gaily smiling in front of Nazi troops and unfurled swastika flags right next to my copy of ARCHIE MEETS THE PUNISHER?

No, this isn't a Photoshop gag.

Now all I have to do is somehow get my hands on GERONIMO AND HIS APACHE MURDERERS and my life will be complete.

Also not a Photoshop gag.

1 comment:

Ken Pierce Media said...

I remember well "Archie Meets The Punisher", and believe this came out when I interned at the Mighty Marvel offices. As you probably recall, that era found both The Punisher and The Ghost Rider EVERYWHERE. This one took the cake to say the least, but wouldnt a Ghost Rider/Smurfs book been a lot of fun?