Search This Blog

Friday, October 06, 2006

BACK FROM CONNECTICUT PURGATORY

So I’m finally back from my two weeks of house and dog sitting, and I have returned with a few resolutions.

1. I need to return to the creative field full time, no two ways about it. I appreciate my time at the barbecue joint and will continue there until I can find something that fulfills my artistic needs, but it’s time to move on. I don’t see that happening any time soon so I’ll be cooking for the foreseeable future, so worry not, barbecue aficionados. If the fates allow, I plan to stay through the joint’s second anniversary.
2. During my time in Connecticut I began taking better care of myself than I have been in the past year, and I feel like a new person. I plan to limit my intake of intoxicants strictly to parties and the occasional spur of the moment thing, but lately I had built up a frightening tolerance, and that ain’t good. And my former favorite hard liquor, Jose Quervo tequila, is verboten from now on.
3. In keeping with my regimen of cleansing and such, I will finally clean my apartment in earnest. If you think Hercules had a bitch of a time cleaning the Aegean stables, you ain’t seen nothin’ yet… And to clarify, my place isn't dirty, it's just claustrophobically cluttered with books, LPs, DVDs, toys, martial arts weaponry, and all manner of memorablia that you would expect from someone who writes this particular blog.
4. I’m going to focus on my happiness much more seriously, and take my own oft-tendered advice of live from day to day and try to enjoy life as it comes.
5. My search for a mate will go on, but I’m getting some good vibes from the ether, so we’ll see what the goddesses have in mind for me.
6. I have to reconnect with my friends since my schedule at the barbecue joint has pretty much cut off my ability to socialize with most of them. Over the years — in some cases, nearly three decades — these friends have become family, and there really is no excuse for my absence.

So wish me luck, dear readers. Maybe this year is the time for my life to really take off.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not abandon all your posessions and re-locate to a remote area of Tibet. Perhaps you will encounter a keeper of ancient Bon magik and he/she it will train you to be a super hero.

Anonymous said...

Wait, I thought you already were a superhero.

My unsolicited advice is to take it easy on yourself. "All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter into another." Anatole France said that.

But some other wise dude said that you can't change the truth. So, messy place or clean, you're still the bees knees.

Red Stapler said...

Change comes from within.

But goddamn, if the feeling you get when you realize not only what you're going to do, but that you have it within you to do so isn't THE GREATEST IN THE WORLD.

We shall discuss.

Anonymous said...

Julie's right: be gentle with yourself; and you're right: time for you to change your life and become more of what you want to be. And you know we'll be here, cheering for you, and helping where we can and where you want it.

Anonymous said...

WE LOVE YOU STEVE!
XOXOXO Jen V.G.